Full title: Development and validation of commodity-specific Better Management Practices (BMPs) for smallholder farmers in the Asia-Pacific region
Visit the workpackage website for information on activities, events, discussion fora, newsletters, etcetera.
Promote wider adoption of BMPs for key aquaculture commodities in NACA member countries, thereby ensuring the sustainability of this important food production sector and improving the livelihoods of the stakeholders.
- Develop action plans for different industry sectors: production sector, hardware industry, feed companies, pharmaceutical companies, processing/retailer
- Consultations with shrimp BMP project implementers in the region to identify and constitute a multidisciplinary bi-regional team of experts (e.g. socio-economist, adoption experts, technical experts, institutional analysis experts, market experts)
- Develop a TOR for the team
- Assist the multidisciplinary team to develop criteria for defining success considering social, economic, technical, institutional and other issues
- Facilitate visits of multidisciplinary team to shrimp BMP implementation sites in India, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia
- Facilitate the multidisciplinary team to engage in consultations with farmers, national institutions, project implementers and other stakeholders (e.g. community leaders, environmentalists, NGOs)
- Map relevant ongoing research projects and report to national and international funding agencies (incl. Commission organisations)
- Facilitate linkages between projects with complementary objectives
- Organize and coordinate final project workshop to discuss the findings and recommendations developed by the multidisciplinary team
- Disseminate the project findings widely in the region
Manual on Group formation, functioning and certification (pdf, 3.2mb)
NACA(Coordinator), UOS, WUR, HAKI, VIFINET